Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] Random ramblings and questions

LLOYD_Ian@canon.com.au LLOYD_Ian@canon.com.au
Mon, 14 Jan 2002 10:47:49 +1100

Yeah, Red Sails is up there umongst my favourites, after all it has my Fiance's favourite Oils song
on it (Kosciusko) as well as mentioning the suburb i come from (Gladesville) in another, listen for
it!
Catch ya!

IAN LLOYD - National Sales Admin. Team Leader
CANON - Business Imaging Solutions Group
Level 2, 1 Thomas Holt Drive, North Ryde 2113
PH: (02) 9805 2384
FAX: 1800 352227
E-MAIL: lloyd_ian@canon.com.au

                    Serandipitey@aol.com
                    Sent by:                       To:     powderworks@cs.colorado.edu
                    powderworks-admin@cs.co        cc:
                    lorado.edu                     Subject:     [Powderworks] Random ramblings and
                                                   questions

                    14/01/2002 09:27

Hello all you workers, hope the new year's going well for you. (Are you keeping your resolutions?)

I picked up Red Sails in the Sunset this week, and have listened to it 5-6 times up till now. As
someone who's more familiar with the Oils' newer music (ie: 90's) I admit I don't quite know what to
make of it. Lyrically, it's fine, the politics are fine, it's the music that's a bit wierd to me.
(it could just be part of my deeply ingrained bias against 80's music)
I was wondering what other people thought of this album? Is it anyone's favorite, or least favorite?
And the song Bakerman-- what the hell?? That's not intended to be a rude question, I just have no
idea where this song came from, does anyone know the story behind it?
In the end the album will probably grow on me....to the point where I love it, but right now I'm
just a tad bit bewildered by it all...
On another subject, has anyone else had trouble getting into the Powderworks archive in the past few
days? My computer keeps telling me that the server is down. Anyone know what's going on?

One month and.... six days till Capricornia is released here. I hope it won't be too hard to track
down here in North America. Have many people heard the new single on the radio? I've been listening
but I don't know if there are any stations in Montreal that would actually play it. Radio here
sucks.

Anyway enough random thoughts from me today

Take care everyone

Varina