Midnight Oil

FW: SV: [Powderworks] Capricornia Cower Art

Glitch sena.reisenweaver@verizon.net
Mon, 07 Jan 2002 19:31:49 -0400

--MS_Mac_OE_3093276709_110369_MIME_Part

Re: Cover Art
Awhile ago Jess suggested that it is the golden calf.  This has a biblical
reference to worshiping idols -- see Exodus 32 for the full scoop on that.
--Glitch

----------
From: Bj=F6rn Blomquist <bjorn.blomquist@mbox301.swipnet.se>
Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2002 11:43:32 +0100
To: <Powderworks@cs.colorado.edu>
Subject: SV: [Powderworks] Capricornia Cower Art

Nice to see what the cover will look like, but what has the COW to do with
the theme of the album? I don't expect it to cover the European "mad cow
disease" hysteria, which is old hat now anyway. If the animal was an ibex
(Capricorn) I'd get it, but a cow?
Well, who knows really? We haven't heard the album yet.
=20
Speaking of that, the release dates February 11 (AUS) and 19 (US) are
thrilling, but how long must we poor Europeans wait for it? 11 or 19 April?
Probably...
=20
Just quite a month left! Heck, I'm thinking about ordering it from Australi=
after all. Does Whammo (or some other place) accept payment in cash? Got to
check it out.=20
How about you Euro Powderpeople - are you going to wait for the album
release here?
=20
/Bjorn
=20

--MS_Mac_OE_3093276709_110369_MIME_Part

<HTML>
<HEAD>
<TITLE>FW: SV: [Powderworks] Capricornia Cower Art</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
Re: Cover Art<BR>
Awhile ago Jess suggested that it is the golden calf. &nbsp;This has a bibl=
ical reference to worshiping idols -- see Exodus 32 for the full scoop on th=
at.<BR>
--Glitch<BR>
<BR>
----------<BR>
<B>From: </B>Bj=F6rn Blomquist &lt;bjorn.blomquist@mbox301.swipnet.se&gt;<BR>
<B>Date: </B>Mon, 7 Jan 2002 11:43:32 +0100<BR>
<B>To: </B>&lt;Powderworks@cs.colorado.edu&gt;<BR>
<B>Subject: </B>SV: [Powderworks] Capricornia Cower Art<BR>
<BR>
<FONT SIZE=3D"2"><FONT FACE=3D"Arial">Nice to see what the cover will look like=
, but what has the COW to do with the theme of the album? I don't expect it =
to cover the European &quot;mad cow disease&quot; hysteria, which is old hat=
 now anyway. If the animal was an ibex (Capricorn) I'd get it, but a cow? <B=

Well, who knows really? We haven't heard the album yet.<BR>
</FONT></FONT> <BR>
<FONT SIZE=3D"2"><FONT FACE=3D"Arial">Speaking of that, the release dates Febru=
ary 11 (AUS) and 19 (US) are thrilling, but how long must we poor Europeans =
wait for it? 11 or 19 April? Probably...<BR>
</FONT></FONT> <BR>
<FONT SIZE=3D"2"><FONT FACE=3D"Arial">Just quite a month left! Heck, I'm thinki=
ng about ordering it from Australia after all. Does Whammo (or some other pl=
ace) accept payment in cash? Got to check it out. <BR>
How about you Euro Powderpeople - are you going to wait for the album relea=
se here?<BR>
</FONT></FONT> <BR>
<FONT SIZE=3D"2"><FONT FACE=3D"Arial">/Bjorn<BR>
</FONT></FONT> <BR>
 <BR>
 <BR>
 <BR>
<BR>
</BODY>
</HTML>

--MS_Mac_OE_3093276709_110369_MIME_Part--