Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] NMOC: Real Thing at the Movies

Anna Offler aoffler@iprimus.com.au
Fri, 4 Jan 2002 20:44:33 +1030

------=_NextPart_000_0068_01C19560.9D618EA0

Howdy, folks,
Yes by Russell Morris. Music of the time. I have the feeling that a =
later video clip of the song featured the launch as well as various =
physchedelic effects like the turning swirl pattern popular at the time =
in discos and clubs. Black and white of course as there was no color TV =
in Oz at that time.
Woffles and Anna

<James wrote
Just getting a bit of time to email after the holiday craziness.  While =
at
my parents' place after Christmas the family sat down to watch "The
Dish", a movie about an australian radio telescope which was used to =
beam
the TV pictures from the Apollo 11 moon landing.  It's a funny movie =
with
a bunch of cute moments.  Anywho, the scene with the shots of the Apollo
11 launch had "The Real Thing" as background music.  I'm guessing that =
it
was the original version.

So if you haven't heard it but would like to -- in addition to seeing a
good movie -- rent The Dish.  It should be in your local video rental
store.

Happy New Year! :-)

------=_NextPart_000_0068_01C19560.9D618EA0

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2><FONT face=3D"Times New Roman" =
size=3D3>Howdy,=20
folks,<BR><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Yes by Russell Morris. Music of =
the time. I=20
have the feeling that a later video clip of the song featured the launch =
as well=20
as various physchedelic effects like the turning swirl pattern popular =
at the=20
time in discos and clubs. Black and white of course as there was no =
color TV in=20
Oz at that time.</FONT></FONT></FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2><FONT face=3D"Times New Roman" =
size=3D3><FONT=20
face=3DArial size=3D2>Woffles and Anna</FONT><BR></DIV></FONT></FONT>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>&lt;James wrote</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2><FONT face=3D"Times New Roman" =
size=3D3>Just getting a=20
bit of time to email after the holiday craziness.&nbsp; While at<BR>my =
parents'=20
place after Christmas the family sat down to watch "The<BR>Dish", a =
movie about=20
an australian radio telescope which was used to beam<BR>the TV pictures =
from the=20
Apollo 11 moon landing.&nbsp; It's a funny movie with<BR>a bunch of cute =

moments.&nbsp; Anywho, the scene with the shots of the Apollo<BR>11 =
launch had=20
"The Real Thing" as background music.&nbsp; I'm guessing that it<BR>was =
the=20
original version.<BR><BR>So if you haven't heard it but would like to -- =
in=20
addition to seeing a<BR>good movie -- rent The Dish.&nbsp; It should be =
in your=20
local video rental<BR>store.<BR><BR>Happy New Year!=20
:-)</FONT><BR><BR></DIV></FONT></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0068_01C19560.9D618EA0--