Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] San Fran Show/s? - Wayward Ozzie.

Powderlurker . powderlurker@hotmail.com
Thu, 28 Feb 2002 11:03:31 +1100

By the weirdest (and happiest) of coincidences, it looks like I'll be
attending a conference in San Diego on the week of the 22 March!!!!
(I'm an Australian Powderworker)
Far out, talk about good Karma!

I've signed onto KFOG in the vain hope that I'll score free tickets to the
KFOG private show but, realistically, does anyone know of other west-coast
performances around this date? Justin?
I wasn't paying a whole lot of attention to the list discussion, because
there wasn't any hope of being in the area at the time... but by the
greatest stroke of good fortune (so far, anyway...)

Any help, info, etc. would be GREATLY appreciated...

cheers,
P.L.

>From :   Randy Van Vliet <bigdaddyrv@yahoo.com>

  Just so you're aware, this isn't 100% KFOG-Midnight
  Oil.  KFOG is owned by Susquehana Broadcasting and I
  happen to listen to another Susquehana station (they
  own 3 others in the Bay Area) on the way to work in
  the mornings and they are hyping the March 22nd date
  at Great America as well.  It appears that Midnight
  Oil is a very small part in the whole deal.

  Randy
  --- leftjab <leftjab@well.com> wrote:
  > from www.kfog.com
  >
  > KFOG's 5th Annual Spring Wingding is Friday, March
  > 22, 5pm-11pm, at
  > Paramount's Great America.
  >
  > What's Spring Wingding? Well, for you new Fogheads,
  > it's our Fogheads-only
  > private party at Paramount's Great America before it
  > opens to the public -
  > and it's free, courtesy of KFOG. This year KFOG has
  > added a Private Concert
  > with Midnight Oil at the Paramount Theater. Don't
  > miss this opportunity to
  > join other Fogheads for a night of music and
  > thrills!
  > There are many ways to win a family four-pack of
  > tickets. This week, check
  > your Foghead email 'cause we've saved 100 family
  > four-packs just for you.
  > And, in the coming weeks we'll be giving tickets
  > away on the air and out in
  > the community. Tune in to KFOG 104.5 and 97.7 for
  > all the details.
  >

  > (my comments):  Great America is an amusement park
  > with rollercoasters,
  > etc. in Santa Clara, CA, about an hour south of San
  > Francisco, right next
  > to San Jose.  KFOG Private Concerts are usually
  > fairly small, and the only
  > way to get tickets is to first sign up for free as a
  > KFOG member -- a
  > "Foghead" -- and then get lucky, or else call in
  > when they announce tix on
  > the radio (they do stream over the 'net).  I have
  > never been to the theater
  > in the amusement park, and obviously don't think
  > this is the best
  > environment for the Oils, not just because some of
  > us hardcore fans may not
  > be able to get tickets.  But we in the Bay Area have
  > been relatively
  > fortunate in getting the Oils, and maybe they'll
  > swing by a real venue on
  > their way back to Australia, they do seem to start
  > and end on the North
  > American West Coast on their tours.
  >
  > Jonathan

  http://greetings.yahoo.com

                               From :
                                                     Randy Van Vliet
<bigdaddyrv@yahoo.com>

                                      To :
                                                     Randy Van Vliet
<bigdaddyrv@yahoo.com>, leftjab <leftjab@well.com>,

powderworks@cs.colorado.edu

  I just checked out some of KFOG's sister stations and
  one is having apparently some sort of cheesy "Queen of
  the Hardwoods" (loosely tied into the NCAA basketball
  tournament) contest March 22 and another is having
  Ronnie Montrose.  Tickets can probably be had but it
  looks like a wierd night!

  Randy