Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] My initial opinion of Capricornia!

Greg Ralls GregRalls@Users.com
Tue, 19 Feb 2002 16:10:23 -0500

i also went out and bought capricornia at sam goody's during my lunch hour...absolutely amazing stuff, but i'll love it even more when i go home & crank it up!!!

greg,
near philadelphia, pennsylvania
www.gregralls.com

-----Original Message-----
From: powderworks-admin@cs.colorado.edu
[mailto:powderworks-admin@cs.colorado.edu]On Behalf Of Oils21@aol.com
Sent: Tuesday, February 19, 2002 1:52 PM
To: powderworks@cs.colorado.edu
Subject: [Powderworks] My initial opinion of Capricornia!

I went to the local Sam Goody and purchased Capricornia during my lunch hour and got to listen to it in its entirety on my Discman.

I think the CD is AMAZING!  This really blew me away! I was expecting a great album from the Oils based on listening to the "Golden Age and "Too much Sunshine" but this is even better than I imagined.

Tracks that stick out are "Tone Poem" and "World That I See" as well as "Luritja Way".  The other songs are great as well. This album is even more indication at the brilliance of Jim Moginie (something we all knew already) as he has at least co-writing credit on every track!

I now have "Say Your Prayers" on three CD's. I know this is the first one released in the States.

Cant wait for the tour!

The Oils are better than ever!!!!!

Phil
Bronx, NY