Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] My initial opinion of Capricornia!

Marianne Gardner mdutchone@mindspring.com
Tue, 19 Feb 2002 14:28:35 -0500

I got my Capricornia @ Best Buy after it turned out my local Circuit City
was moving its store and had emptied all its shelves!
This cd is fantastic! I'm very happy to notice that the distinctive Oily
guitars are back! OK, enough with the !!!s already.
Somehow the Oils sound like they accumulated their sound from Head Injuries
to Spirit of the Age and put it in their blender. I remember someone saying
that PG called the album "sweet"; I think that's a perfect description.
Faves so far: Golden Age, Too Much Sunshine, Luritja Way, Tone Poem, and
Mosquito March.
I have the cardboard version, but am not able to play the video (I do have
an ancient computer, but any tips are welcome).
Can't wait to hear all this live! So far I've had the pleasure of Golden
Age, Too Much Sunshine, and Luritja Way....
Look forward to other opinions,

Marianne
----- Original Message -----
From: <Oils21@aol.com>
To: <powderworks@cs.colorado.edu>
Sent: Tuesday, February 19, 2002 1:51 PM
Subject: [Powderworks] My initial opinion of Capricornia!

> I went to the local Sam Goody and purchased Capricornia during my lunch
hour and got to listen to it in its entirety on my Discman.

> I think the CD is AMAZING!  This really blew me away! I was expecting a
great album from the Oils based on listening to the "Golden Age and "Too
much Sunshine" but this is even better than I imagined.

> Tracks that stick out are "Tone Poem" and "World That I See" as well as
"Luritja Way".  The other songs are great as well. This album is even more
indication at the brilliance of Jim Moginie (something we all knew already)
as he has at least co-writing credit on every track!