Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] What's a Wobbleboard (and why is it being smashed?)

Randy Van Vliet bigdaddyrv@yahoo.com
Thu, 14 Feb 2002 19:50:49 -0800 (PST)

I'm sure that this has been on the list before, but I
just picked up a copy of the Underwater Single and it
has 2 of the most perplexing Oils songs I have heard,
I See You and Smash the Wobbleboard.  These songs
don't fit any experience that I have with the Oils
(and I have all of the commercially released CD's).
The songs are more soul searching, more of commitment
type songs, more (dare I say it) Love type Songs.  I
like the songs and they fit it well with the low tech
sound of Breathe but it's hard to fit them in anywhere
else.  Breathe does have a bit of a Spiritual Journey
type of atmosphere what with songs like Time to Heal
and Common Ground.  But these two are so different.  I
certainly wasn't expecting any thing like these.

Randy