Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] Advance CD's

Henry Lutte hlutte@telus.net
Wed, 13 Feb 2002 20:27:58 -0800

------=_NextPart_000_0011_01C1B4CC.ECD20740

----- Original Message -----
From: Maurice R. Kelly <mkelly@deadheart.org.uk>
To: Henry Lutte <hlutte@telus.net>
Sent: Wednesday, February 13, 2002 2:01 AM
Subject: Re: [Powderworks] Re: Powderworks digest, Vol 1 #267 - 13 msgs

> On Feb 12, Henry Lutte wrote:
>
> > It's about time.  When I heard Maurice brag about his winning bid =
and
then
> > complain about Ghosties stuff being up on the server, well I had to
think
> > twice.  My motto is "Buy the Promo after the release"  It's more fun
waiting
> > anyway.
>
> What does obtaining a promo item have to do with making a valid point
> about putting full commercial albums on an Internet server.

In my opinion it's closely related in the realm of improper use of =
material.
Like I said, the promo's are  always available after release date.

> Firstly, I don't think I bragged about it - like most people on this =
list,
> I wanted to let them know I had it and was enjoying it. I wasn't the =
first
> person to post to the list to say they had obtained it (at least not =
in my
> recollection anyway - I'm not going to chomp through the archive to =
find
> out who the individual I'm thinking of was.)

Sorry Maurice, I think that "brag" was too strong a word for me to use. =
would have been excited too.

> I bought the promo for a number of reasons - as someone who maintains =
> web-site I was anticipating a flurry of activity once the album came =
out -
> obtaining it early helps me maintain sanity. I also live in the UK - I

UK folks can order the CD from elsewhere and receive it on time.

> will be waiting for my official albums to arrive after folks in the
> States/Australia get theirs. I'm also a collector -

Promo's are available after release date, and cheaper.

I have a few promo
> items already, and I saw the opportunity to buy a copy of something I
> would have bought regardless, so I went ahead and did it.
>
> I don't know if you were being malicious when you wrote your email, =
but it
> certainly came across that way to me.

Maurice, I apologize for sounding malicious and I agree with you that it
came across that way.  It wasn't my intention but I did see a =
contradiction
in terms.  I suppose I'm too passionate about the band and stuff.  If =
you're
ever in my neck of the woods please look me up and you'll find me to be
quite pleasant.  Once again, my apologies.

Keep on oilin'

Henry

> --
> Maurice R. Kelly
> mkelly@deadheart.org.uk

------=_NextPart_000_0011_01C1B4CC.ECD20740

<HTML><HEAD>
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2><BR>----- Original Message =
-----<BR>From: Maurice=20
R. Kelly &lt;<A=20
href=3D"mailto:mkelly@deadheart.org.uk">mkelly@deadheart.org.uk</A>&gt;<B=
R>To:=20
Henry Lutte &lt;<A=20
href=3D"mailto:hlutte@telus.net">hlutte@telus.net</A>&gt;<BR>Sent: =
Wednesday,=20
February 13, 2002 2:01 AM<BR>Subject: Re: [Powderworks] Re: Powderworks =
digest,=20
Vol 1 #267 - 13 msgs<BR><BR><BR>&gt; On Feb 12, Henry Lutte=20
wrote:<BR>&gt;<BR>&gt; &gt; It's about time.&nbsp; When I heard Maurice =
brag=20
about his winning bid and<BR>then<BR>&gt; &gt; complain about Ghosties =
stuff=20
being up on the server, well I had to<BR>think<BR>&gt; &gt; twice.&nbsp; =
My=20
motto is "Buy the Promo after the release"&nbsp; It's more=20
fun<BR>waiting<BR>&gt; &gt; anyway.<BR>&gt;<BR>&gt; What does obtaining =
a promo=20
item have to do with making a valid point<BR>&gt; about putting full =
commercial=20
albums on an Internet server.<BR><BR>In my opinion it's closely related =
in the=20
realm of improper use of material.<BR>Like I said, the promo's are&nbsp; =
always=20
available after release date.<BR><BR>&gt;<BR>&gt; Firstly, I don't think =
I=20
bragged about it - like most people on this list,<BR>&gt; I wanted to =
let them=20
know I had it and was enjoying it. I wasn't the first<BR>&gt; person to =
post to=20
the list to say they had obtained it (at least not in my<BR>&gt; =
recollection=20
anyway - I'm not going to chomp through the archive to find<BR>&gt; out =
who the=20
individual I'm thinking of was.)<BR><BR>Sorry Maurice, I think that =
"brag" was=20
too strong a word for me to use. I<BR>would have been excited=20
too.<BR><BR>&gt;<BR>&gt; I bought the promo for a number of reasons - as =
someone=20
who maintains a<BR>&gt; web-site I was anticipating a flurry of activity =
once=20
the album came out -<BR>&gt; obtaining it early helps me maintain =
sanity. I also=20
live in the UK - I<BR><BR>UK folks can order the CD from elsewhere and =
receive=20
it on time.<BR><BR>&gt; will be waiting for my official albums to arrive =
after=20
folks in the<BR>&gt; States/Australia get theirs. I'm also a collector=20
-<BR><BR>Promo's are available after release date, and cheaper.<BR><BR>I =
have a=20
few promo<BR>&gt; items already, and I saw the opportunity to buy a copy =
of=20
something I<BR>&gt; would have bought regardless, so I went ahead and =
did=20
it.<BR>&gt;<BR>&gt; I don't know if you were being malicious when you =
wrote your=20
email, but it<BR>&gt; certainly came across that way to =
me.<BR><BR>Maurice, I=20
apologize for sounding malicious and I agree with you that it<BR>came =
across=20
that way.&nbsp; It wasn't my intention but I did see a =
contradiction<BR>in=20
terms.&nbsp; I suppose I'm too passionate about the band and =
stuff.&nbsp; If=20
you're<BR>ever in my neck of the woods please look me up and you'll find =
me to=20
be<BR>quite pleasant.&nbsp; Once again, my apologies.<BR><BR>Keep on=20
oilin'<BR><BR>Henry<BR>&gt;<BR>&gt; --<BR>&gt; Maurice R. Kelly<BR>&gt; =
<A=20
href=3D"mailto:mkelly@deadheart.org.uk">mkelly@deadheart.org.uk</A><BR>&g=
t;<BR></FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0011_01C1B4CC.ECD20740--