Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] Take me to the Garretts

THURGATE_Garry@canon.com.au THURGATE_Garry@canon.com.au
Thu, 14 Feb 2002 12:03:50 +1100

My understanding of the word "garret" (I believe it should be one "t")
is that it refers to an attic and was sometimes used to mean a fortified
tower in a castle or fortress.
Also, I too would like to know when Peter H writes "whether or not you
think M O are the #6 Christian band in the world", who are #1 to 5?
Also, what is the definition of a Christian band? For that matter what
is the definition of a Christian?
Back in the early 80s I was working at CBS Records with a guy
called Eddie who gave me my favourite definition of the Christian
ideal (or any religious ideal). Eddie was a German Jew who had
numbers tattooed on his wrist. These were identification numbers
the Germans gave him when they put him into a concentration
camp in 1944.  Eddie told me -
"I am a very religious man yet never go to church. You see, my
time in the camp taught me the following things. My country is the
planet Earth, my people are all people and there is only one TRUE
church". He then pointed to his heart.
 Gazza

                    "Bjorn Blomquist"
                    <bjorn.blomquist@mbox301.s        To:     "Midnight Oilers"
                    wipnet.se>                        <Powderworks@cs.colorado.edu>
                    Sent by:                          cc:
                    powderworks-admin@cs.color        Subject:     [Powderworks] Take me to the
                    ado.edu                           Garretts

                    13/02/02 21:19

Speaking of the tall bald man...
I was listening to Elton John's album *Goodbye Yellow Brick Road* and a song with the "title" (well)
"This song has no title". In the first verse Elton sings:

"Take me to the garretts where the artists have died"

So, what is a "garrett"?

/Bjorn