Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] Peter Garrett

Bawolski@aol.com Bawolski@aol.com
Tue, 12 Feb 2002 20:30:02 EST

--part1_178.38570a8.299b1b9a_boundary

In a message dated 2/12/2002 9:33:01 AM Pacific Standard Time,
thewave@oils-forever.com writes:

> "DESPITE playing a character called Peter Garrett in his new film
> Vertical Limit, actor Chris O'Donnell will not be sporting a bald head or a
> 'Sorry' T-shirt during the movie. The Hollywood star has been a longtime
> fan of Midnight Oil's  music, but had no idea Peter Garrett was the name of
> an Aussie music great when he accepted the role.
>
>     'It's funny because I've had Midnight Oil albums forever; I just never
> knew his name,' said O'Donnell during a visit to Sydney last week.  'I've
> always known their songs as a band,' he said, 'but I only knew the lead
> singer was a bald guy and an environmentalist  which I always thought was
> great.'

Guess O'Donnell's not into reading liner notes.

--part1_178.38570a8.299b1b9a_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=arial,helvetica><FONT  SIZE=2>In a message dated 2/12/2002 9:33:01 AM Pacific Standard Time, thewave@oils-forever.com writes:<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
<BLOCKQUOTE TYPE=CITE style="BORDER-LEFT: #0000ff 2px solid; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px">"DESPITE playing a character called Peter Garrett in his new film<BR>
Vertical Limit, actor Chris O'Donnell will not be sporting a bald head or a 'Sorry' T-shirt during the movie. The Hollywood star has been a longtime fan of Midnight Oil's&nbsp; music, but had no idea Peter Garrett was the name of an Aussie music great when he accepted the role.<BR>
<BR>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; 'It's funny because I've had Midnight Oil albums forever; I just never knew his name,' said O'Donnell during a visit to Sydney last week.&nbsp; 'I've always known their songs as a band,' he said, 'but I only knew the lead singer was a bald guy and an environmentalist&nbsp; which I always thought was great.'<BR>
</BLOCKQUOTE><BR>
<BR>
Guess O'Donnell's not into reading liner notes.&nbsp; <BR>
<BR>
</FONT></HTML>
--part1_178.38570a8.299b1b9a_boundary--