Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] Oily country & Steel Guitars?

bruce@oils-forever.com bruce@oils-forever.com
Tue, 12 Feb 2002 21:42:53 +0000 (GMT)

------=_Part_6220_6148130.1013550173911

Herman wrote:

>Who said that the Oils don't play country music?

Good one, Herman. hehe. Speaking of Oils and Country, that sweet duet with Emmy Lou on BREATHE is about as good as down home gets. Country at its realest and best!

Any of you gear heads know if either Martin or Jim play steel guitar?

Stone me if you must, but I'd love to hear the Oils take a turn to the twang more often (hey, I'm from Calgary, eh) and at the same time, perhaps single-bandedly save what's left of NorAM country music from the Nashville-schmaltzing-crossover-bloodsucking-leeches that have commandeered and slandered that industry. (no I'm not bitter)   :) Besides, Peter Garrett's vox would sound awesome doing old Hank style stuff - just the right blend of snarl, whoof and curl of the lip, don't ya think?

Getting ready to duck,

Bruce

Get a fun email address at http://another.com
COOL: Personalise a t-shirt with your name/email/slogan
from 9.99 pounds. CLICK HERE http://another-shop.com
------=_Part_6220_6148130.1013550173911--