Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] Capricornia

Maurice R. Kelly mkelly@deadheart.org.uk
Sat, 9 Feb 2002 12:06:09 +0000 (GMT)

Folks,

Rolled out of bed this morning, badly hungover, and cursing the desert that
was the journey between my room and the oasis of bottled water that is the
fridge. Then I saw the package lying just inside the letterbox - one of the
US advance promo copies of Capricornia. What can I say but - WOOHOO!
Instant hangover cure - I've been buzzing round the house ever since. Haven't
had much of a chance to fully digest it yet, but first impressions are
extremely good. The promo also contains the EPK, which, although
tantalising, just feels far too short. I could have watched an hour of it,
easily :-)

Looking forward to getting the full package when it comes out - promo copy
is a bit spartan (naturally enough.) Will be interesting to see how
different the Aussie version is from the US version - Say Your Prayers
slots in quite nicely - I daresay that if I wasn't aware of it being an
"older" song, it probably wouldn't stand out, but having heard it before
it does to an extent.

One thing though - for some reason the very start of the song Capricornia
always makes me think of the theme tune to Ally McBeal. Interesting...

Going in for anothe rlisten - really wish I didn't have to work all
weekend!

Cheers,

--
Maurice R. Kelly