Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] Concept Album

bruce@oils-forever.com bruce@oils-forever.com
Wed, 6 Feb 2002 03:42:27 +0000 (GMT)

------=_Part_12797_1396717.1012966947779

Damien wrote:

> I believe that Quinella Holiday, Loves On Sale & Ned Kelly were
> recorded as a trilogy.

~snip!

And what a powerful triumvirate it is, eh. By the way, don't the first four (maybe 5) tracks of BSM have that same conceptual and musical seamlessness? As I recall, there's very little breathing space between Blue Sky and Warburton - tonasophically speaking - and then straight into Bedlam Bridge and Forgotten years (also poetically paired, IMO), then that spacey seguay trek to the Mountains of Burma - What a piece of work; a veritable five-iron punch! :)

BTW, I'd have to rank BSM as one of the greatest concept albums of all time.... up there with Pink Floyd's Animals in my mind.

cheers,

Bruce

Personalise your email address at http://another.com
THINK: your slogan or email address on a gorgeous mousemat
CLICK HERE http://another-shop.com
------=_Part_12797_1396717.1012966947779--