Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] Concept Album

Jussi Korhonen jussihk@kolumbus.fi
Tue, 05 Feb 2002 19:33:32 +0200

I think concept albums are a thing still haunting the music world from the
past. 30 years ago they might have been innovative, but I think the word
"tedious" is a good term to describe the general idea now. Certainly if a
concept album is something else than an overextended jam, they can be
interesting - I like the idea of a continuing story. The two concept albums
that I think of first are the two Jethro Tull albums from 30 years ago,
Thick as a Brick and Passion Play. While I like the band and the music a
lot, there's no way I can be persuaded to listen to either album for more
than 15 minutes at a time.

Jussi