Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] NMOC - BDO/TISM/New Order

Geordie McMillan geordie_mcmillan@hotmail.com
Fri, 01 Feb 2002 17:43:05 +1100

Just a quick note to describe the awesome week of music that I managed to
participate in this week in Melbourne.

Monday - Big Day Out: Whilst not the best line-up (1994 was far and away the
best), Shihad, Dern Rutlidge, Legends of Motorsport, Spiderbait, Jurassic 5,
The White Stripes & New Order were all excellent. It was unfortunate to see
so many kiddies wandering off during New Order but them's the times we're
in.

Wednesday - New Order @ The Metro: Outstanding to say the least. Stand-out
tracks were: Crystal, Transmission (JD), Isolation (JD), True Faith, Regret,
Blue Monday, Love Will Tear Us Apart (JD), Atmosphere (JD), Bizarre Love
Triangle & Temptation. An unforgettable experience.

Thursday - TISM @ The Punters Club Hotel, Fitzroy: This was a last minute
show announced by TISM on Wednesday to celebrate the wonderful history and
sad passing of the Punters as one of the pre-eminent band venues in
Melbourne. The pub is set to close its doors due to unaffordable rent on
February 17 and this was a night to remember. TISM ended up ripping out most
of the ceiling above the stage, showering the crowd with insulation and
lining board in the process. I have never been to a hotter environment. The
set list was 1st class and the band, without being smart-arses, showed a
genuine love and affection for the Punters. Let's hope it doesn't become a
Country Road store at it's rumoured to be.

Thank you and good night.