Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] In the Rain

Heidi Shenk nedkellytheking@hotmail.com
Thu, 19 Dec 2002 08:40:53 -0600

Kind of a cool thing happened two nights ago.  I was up messing around as
usual at 1:45am because I'm a complete night owl.  I'm home for Christmas
break and I found an old Oils mix tape in my room that I had made a couple
years back and I decided to put it on.  The last song on the tape was 'In
the Rain.'  Probably not much more than two seconds after the song and tape
ended, it started pouring rain outside and suddenly it thundered.  For one,
it was kind of creepy because a thunderstorm in December in Indiana is one
of the most ridiculous things I have ever heard of considering that usually
it's lake effect snow that we're getting at this time of year.  And then of
course it was weird because of the Oils song that had just been playing,
along with the timing of when the thunderstorm started.  Anyways...thought
it was kinda cool, told my parents and I got that usual silence while they
looked at me like I was crazy, and rolled their eyes in that way that says,
'not another story that has to do with the Oils,' so I figured that it was
something that the PW's might think was kinda cool....haha.

Heidi