Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] What have I done??????

Kate Parker Adams kate@dnki.net
Sun, 15 Dec 2002 21:31:53 -0500

--=====================_19525996==_.ALT

Well Beth, looks like we should get our four year olds together!  Put my
six year old up there in front and they will have a band.

Ian has a bit of a Hirsty fetish too, and likes the Ghostwriters more than
the Oils (in fact, he put two and two together when the Oils split and is
now expecting more Ghosties songs to come of it).  He has the little
electronic drum kit he requested from Santa last year (Rockin' Rhythms drum
set from KB Toys - a HIGHLY recommended furniture saving device), but he is
spending more time with our keyboard these days.

Older brother Nicky gets cheezed because I won't end Ian's turn if he's got
a good groove going.  I don't know how that little kid gets all that big
noise out of that thing, but he just does it and it usually works.

He's been noodling around with the electric guitar laid flat on the futon
lately.  He calls for my husband when it's out of tune.  I wouldn't even know.

In our household these things are left laying about the art and craft room
for discovery purposes. They get discovered by and by.

At 05:48 PM 12/15/02 -0500, Beth Curran wrote:

>I suppose we all have our favorite Oils member.  From the day the 20KW DVD
>was released, my four year old, Scot, has been fixated on Rob Hirst.  Now
>he wants to be a drummer.  He ll turn anything he can find into a drum his
>sticks are the magic wands my husband made them after we read the first
>Harry Potter book.  Typical scenario:  Mom sits down at the kitchen
>counter to decorate about a gross of gingerbread men, and here comes
>Scotty, dragging a chair, toy xylophone, and his brother s CD
>player.  Announcement:  I m gonna be Rob Hirst now.   The xylophone goes
>on top of the kitchen trashcan lid, the headphones go on, and from that
>point it s nonstop singing and whacking.  I don t have the heart to stop
>him since he looks so blissfully happy, so on it goes.
>

>For an hour and a half.
>

>So somebody tell me why the hell I bought Scot one of those electronic
>drum pads today?  What was I thinking???????  I remember some vague
>thought that at least it had a volume control.
>

>I hope someday to be able to pass on my heartfelt thanks to RH for his
>positive influence on my kid.  Meanwhile, pass the aspirin, please. - Beth

--=====================_19525996==_.ALT

Well Beth, looks like we should get our four year olds together!&nbsp;
Put my six year old up there in front and they will have a band.<br>
Ian has a bit of a Hirsty fetish too, and likes the Ghostwriters more
than the Oils (in fact, he put two and two together when the Oils split
and is now expecting more Ghosties songs to come of it).&nbsp; He has the
little electronic drum kit he requested from Santa last year (Rockin'
Rhythms drum set from KB Toys - a HIGHLY recommended furniture saving
device), but he is spending more time with our keyboard these days.&nbsp;
Older brother Nicky gets cheezed because I won't end Ian's turn if he's
got a good groove going.&nbsp; I don't know how that little kid gets all
that big noise out of that thing, but he just does it and it usually
works.<br>
He's been noodling around with the electric guitar laid flat on the futon
lately.&nbsp; He calls for my husband when it's out of tune.&nbsp; I
wouldn't even know.<br>
In our household these things are left laying about the art and craft
room for discovery purposes. They get discovered by and by.<br>
At 05:48 PM 12/15/02 -0500, Beth Curran wrote:<br>
we all have our favorite Oils member.&nbsp; From the day the 20KW DVD was
released, my four year old, Scot, has been fixated on Rob Hirst.&nbsp;
Now he wants to be a drummer.&nbsp; He ll turn anything he can find into
a drum his sticks are the magic wands my husband made them after we read
the first Harry Potter book.&nbsp; Typical scenario:&nbsp; Mom sits down
at the kitchen counter to decorate about a gross of gingerbread men, and
here comes Scotty, dragging a chair, toy xylophone, and his brother s CD
player.&nbsp; Announcement:&nbsp; I m gonna be Rob Hirst now.&nbsp;&nbsp;
The xylophone goes on top of the kitchen trashcan lid, the headphones go
on, and from that point it s nonstop singing and whacking.&nbsp; I don t
have the heart to stop him since he looks so blissfully happy, so on it
goes.<br>
one of those electronic drum pads today?&nbsp; What was I
thinking???????&nbsp; I remember some vague thought that at least it had
a volume control.<br>
kid.&nbsp; Meanwhile, pass the aspirin, please. -