Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] unsupportive article in the australian

The Monkey Family julian@monkeyfamily.freeserve.co.uk
Thu, 12 Dec 2002 12:22:02 +0100

I think the jokes on the author if he thinks that having a record contract
with Sony is like having big links with the oil-barons. What a joke! So if you
are into green issues you can't buy from sony...or listen to records
even...what about CD's?? Give up PC's, clothes, tvs next..anything that uses
plastic...The auther clearly has another agenda for hating Peter. In fact I
get the impression that a lot of people do hate Peter. On my two short trips
to Australia my mentioning his name or the Oils has often come up with less
than good comments. "Winger" and "do-gooder"...

Julian

>===== Original Message From <par.lydmark@kustobsar.st> =====
>I don't remember if this already has been mentioned, but here is a VERY
unsupportive opinion about Peter going into politics by some airhead called
Tim Blair (published in The Australian, dec 5). In fact, it's very
unsupportive of the oils in general... Not nice reading at all.