Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] Unreleased GHOSTWRITERS songs UPDATED

[name removed] example@example.com
Thu, 12 Dec 2002 17:51:40 +1100

>Below are all the Ghosties tracks I've heard of that aren't on the 3
>albums or commercial singles.  I assume they're all Ghosties originals.
>Clarification is always welcome...
>
>5) Thousand Miles - listed on the Ghosties site as a Fibromoon track, but
>    left off the album.

  This is the song that i played guitar on it's an over 6min trippy
  rockin space song with NASA broadcasts and all thrown in, it has cooky
  guitars, oscillator (spelling!) and the weirdest harmonies you
  will ever hear. Great lyrics (Rick's) we recorded the band track live
  Rob on rhythm guitar (fender telecaster with f/holes, very nice),
  me on Rob's blue Rickenbacker (in the chorus and the big riff outro),
  Rick Bass (lot's of cool solo in the intro too) D.C. (atmospheric
  guitar effects, here and there), Lee on Drums. Then Rob overdubbed the
  lead vocal and Rob and i worked up the Oscillator part. Rob says it
  will end up on an album though i don't know where it could go it's
  very weird. I do have a copy of it and am proud of it as it was my
  first studio gig. It was recorded at Darling Harbor Studio too in
  December 1998.

>12) When God's Not Busy - played live at post-Fibromoon gigs in 2001.

  Have heard this one it's a very beautiful song with wonderful cello
  last year Rob planed to do a ghosties acoustic album and it's all
  recorded with new versions of old ghosties song too (neon garden,
  world is almost at peace etc...) Rob said in May last year it would be
  out soon and i laughed at him and said yeah right (and who was right?)
  When God's Not Busy is one of the best things he's ever done (it's
  about East Timor too).