Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] Winner of BSM Interview Disc

Margaret Benzer benzer@mail.mc.maricopa.edu
Tue, 10 Dec 2002 08:15:29 -0700

As promised, a winner has been chosen from the multitude of possible new band
names sent to me.  Last week, I mentioned that I had a spare Blue Sky Mining
Interview Disc and that the person who came up with the best name for the
remaining members would be able to add this CD to their collection.  Here are
the submitted names.

12:00am Hydrocarbon

Nocturnal Lubricant

Oil Spill

Phoenix

Cruders

The Oils

The Other Four

Men Without Pete

The Bones & The Beard

No Longer Bald

Minutes to Midnight

Red Earth

Hunting Fuzzy Ghosts

South Pacific Dreams

Great Australian BITE

The Bullroarers

Kings of the Mountains

Kings of the Bush

The Powderworkers

A Mile to Spare

Lucky Country

MIDNIGHT FRIGGIN’ OIL, BABY! YEAH!

The Earthbeat

Residue

Had we been going for more serious, The Bullroarers would have won, but the
ultimate vote getter was No Longer Bald, submitted by Bjorn Blomquist.  The
judges were my sister, Mai, and myself.  (Bjorn, please send me your address.)

Thanks for all who entered.  It made me smile after such bad news.

Margaret