Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] Oils site

The May Home nearhoofmay@earthlink.net
Thu, 05 Dec 2002 20:30:12 -0700

You know....I sure as hell wish the rest of the Oils site was up.  Can I not
even skulk around it for a little while until I get used to the fact that
they're gone?  Sometimes I don't understand why these guys do things the way
they do.  Just needed to vent.  I cannot believe how sad I am about this.
I've been really busy this week, so the emotion of it is really just hitting
me now.  I've loved this band for 16 years -- over half my life -- and I
just feel this emptiness and I can't even go up on the site and remember.
This just does not feel like a good goodbye to me.  Like they are just
totally gone after 25 years without any warning or closure or anything --
without giving me any opportunity to say goodbye in any meaningful or
personal way.  I know that (maybe) they don't owe me anything as a fan.  I
just think it all sucks.   Well...that's my wallowing for today.

Sharon