Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] "kiss that girl" questions?

Bruce Robertson the_oil_fish@yahoo.ca
Thu, 5 Dec 2002 12:52:30 -0500 (EST)

--0-1725026786-1039110750=:52638

Greetings Bereaved Ones,
Just wanted to echo Bjorns' thanks to Par for posting this great song...
Lovely guitar - If this is anything like what we can expect from the remaining Oils then take heart!
Anybody know who's doing what guitar-wise on this track? (It sounds like Jim flogging a Strat during the lead bits.) And the heavily tremmed rhythym stuff is very sweet. I'm also wondering if we know who wrote it?
I hope I'm not bordering on blasphemous by taking our attention off Pete's departure. I already miss him too, but this song inspires some hope, perhaps a foretaste of good musical things to come. Apart from the fact that it's great, 'Kiss That Girl" doesn't remind me of anything they've done in the past...
Thanks again Par. And best wishes from blue north ~
bruce in calgary
 Pär Lydmark <par.lydmark@kustobsar.st> wrote:
Hello all,

Since it seems like "Kiss that girl" will be the last track officially released by the oils, and it's not available on cd outside europe, I've decided to make it available for everyone on this list as an mp3. I couldn't get in contact with any of the ftp:s (maybe I have old adresses) so I've put it at this adress:

http://hem.fyristorg.com/vks/

Grab it as soon as you can, you never know how long mp3 files get to stay on public webhotels these days... I zipped the file to make it less obvious, but anyway.

Happy listening during the last 3 minutes and 37 seconds of australian magic!

/Pär, Sweden

--0-1725026786-1039110750=:52638

<P>Greetings Bereaved Ones,
<P>Just wanted to echo Bjorns' thanks to Par for posting this great song...
<P>Lovely guitar -&nbsp;If this is anything like what we can expect from the remaining Oils then take heart!
<P>Anybody know who's doing what guitar-wise on this track? (It sounds like Jim flogging a Strat during the lead bits.) And the heavily tremmed rhythym stuff is very sweet. I'm also wondering if we know who wrote it?
<P>I hope I'm not bordering on blasphemous by taking our attention off Pete's departure. I already miss him too, but this song inspires some hope, perhaps a foretaste of good musical things to come. Apart from the fact that it's great,&nbsp;'Kiss That Girl"&nbsp;doesn't remind me&nbsp;of anything they've done in the past...
<P>Thanks again Par. And best wishes from blue north ~
<P>bruce in calgary