Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] Today

Glitch sena.reisenweaver@verizon.net
Tue, 03 Dec 2002 20:43:52 -0500

What a day.
I got to work, set my bag down on my desk, and the phone rang.  It was my
husband.  "Check your e-mail," he said.  "Midnight Oil is over."
For the next few minutes I sat stunned, reading through message after
message about Pete leaving the band.  Then my phone rang, the workday
started, and I went into autopilot.
My work took me on the road today and driving through the frosty countryside
I put in PWOAP and cranked it.  The sky was so blue and the snowy mountains
so remote and bleak, it broke my heart.
For eleven years this band has been an integral part of my life.  At the age
of 16 I decided that before I died, I wanted to make a trip to Australia to
see the Oils on their home turf.  (Never did.)  The moral of that story is,
corny as it may sound, Sieze the Day, don't put it off because you never
know.
I wish all the guys the best in whatever they do.
I still can't believe it.

"There's a feeling I get when I look to the sun..."
Yeah.
Dazzled.

--Glitch Baby