Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] I saw the last show.....

JPratty jpratty@froggy.com.au
Tue, 3 Dec 2002 15:46:06 +1000

------=_NextPart_000_0005_01C29AE3.17BFE1A0

The Wednesday night at Tweed Heads was the best gig I've seen out of =
nearly 50 shows - heaps of old stuff...have a look at the song list.  =
The next night - the final gig of the tour, the boys linked arms and =
took a bow after the encore, and after lowering a pair of Pete's jocks =
from the rafters on stage. Rob also presented a new snare drum to his =
drum tech Clem Ryan.

Rob was also in the water tank rocking it backwards and forwards at the =
end of Diesel's set - and then thanked them for the support on the tour.
Pete did give me the impression in Byron that he was nearly done...not a =
shock, just dissapointed if it ends like this - we had no warning.

I didnt go back stage at Tweed Heads, but from what I heard, there =
wasn't much of a celebration - I would be surprised if it ends like =
this...they'll do something to go out on - a similcast or something in =
Sydney....surely...go back to Goat Is. I reckon.

J. - www.tunnelvisiononline.com

------=_NextPart_000_0005_01C29AE3.17BFE1A0

<HTML><HEAD>
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>The Wednesday night at Tweed Heads was =
the best gig=20
I've seen out of nearly 50 shows - heaps of old stuff...have a look at =
the song=20
list.&nbsp; The next night - the final gig of the tour, the boys linked =
arms and=20
took a bow after the encore, and after lowering a pair of Pete's jocks =
from the=20
rafters on stage. Rob also presented a new snare drum to his drum tech =
Clem=20
Ryan.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Rob was also in the water tank rocking =
it backwards=20
and forwards at the end of Diesel's set - and then thanked them for the =
support=20
on the tour.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Pete did give me the impression in =
Byron that he=20
was nearly done...not a shock, just dissapointed if it ends like this - =
we had=20
no warning.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I didnt go back stage at Tweed Heads, =
but from what=20
I heard, there wasn't much of a celebration - I would be surprised if it =
ends=20
like this...they'll do something to go out on - a similcast or something =
in=20
Sydney....surely...go back to Goat Is. I reckon.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>J. - <A=20
href=3D"http://www.tunnelvisiononline.com">www.tunnelvisiononline.com</A>=
</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0005_01C29AE3.17BFE1A0--