Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] news on the "news"

Nathan Arrowsmith mrnoisy@iprimus.com.au
Tue, 3 Dec 2002 23:22:08 +1100

They just ran the story on the channel 10 "news" here in Australia, I use
the term news loosely when referring to this particular program as it's more
like entertainment aimed at a young demographic. They basically had no more
information than what they got off the website, but they happened to have
Greens Senator Bob Brown available for comment. He said it didn't come as a
surprise to him that Peter had resigned and he said it will be a good thing
for the country now that Peter is free to do other things. They implied that
he will be getting back into politics, which I have to agree is a good thing
for this country with the way it's being run at the moment making me
embarrased to call myself Australian sometimes. Little Johnny's gotta go.
Nathan.