Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] what's next

Miron Mizrahi mironmizrahi@yahoo.com
Mon, 2 Dec 2002 15:54:04 -0800 (PST)

Hi,

reading all the reactions (Dave W's in particular) got me thinking
that we have all been over-reacting considering the rather trivial
nature of the event - at least compared to other world affairs. but
I quickly reached a conclusion that it is not so. now this is purely
my own feelings but the world we live in at the moment is a pretty
shitty place lately. the Oils were a bright light of fun and
positiveness against this background of darkness. they were not the
only one, but to have that taken away is fucking frustrating. I am
not crying and I did go to work today but I am mightily let down. I
agree with whoever wrote that they should have done it differently,
but this is life. at the end of the day they owe us nothing. we gave
away our adoration willingly and with no expectations of a repay. on
the other hand, we can always hope. I hope this is not the end of
it. I hope that the Oils will come out with something else. an
archive project, a farewell tour/show, unreleased material,
whatever. I really hope it will not end with a notice on their web
site.

=====
Miron

What happened to this song we once knew so well
Signed promise for moments caught within the spell
I must have waited all my life for this
Moment moment (Yes - Tales from Topographic Oceans)