Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] Rock on Jim, Rob, Martin and Bones

Dave Weinert dcd6575@hotmail.com
Mon, 02 Dec 2002 16:18:07 -0500

<P><BR><BR></P>
<P>I have been silent for sometime now and just kinda read what everyone has been writing for the past few months, I had to say something---- No sympathy cards needed. No tears should be shed for crying out loud. Can't work!! Life does go on people!!! We all have the music which will live on. This seems more like a time out break if anything. How many of those have we seen in the past 12 years. It seems like forever before new albums were released. They already released their official live disc (even though we all have more than one live show in our collections) and a greatest hits package with 2 new bonus tracks&nbsp;that we still buy (even though we&nbsp;have all the other songs on the original&nbsp;cd/lp/tapes). Most bands wait for a couple years when they need money again&nbsp;to do that- They beat everyone to it. So what else is new!!! Denial/Anticipation. I have been a huge fan for 16 years. Like all bands- of their stature-now maybe we can look forward to them rightfully getting inducted into the rock and roll hall of fame and what next- A REUNION TOUR!!!! Anything is possible- Nobody said that he will never make music again. so relax. After meeting all of them a couple times in the past year when the were here in the states- It should be&nbsp;very comforting to know that Jim, Rob, Martin and Bones (and Gary) will continue to be Midnight Oil for all of us. It is not a complete everyone go there own seperate ways.&nbsp; So what if Pete wanted to take his ball and go home for a bit- The music will always have the same meaning. Pete isn't Midnight Oil all by himself- It was all of them together. It can still be great. Sure not the same but still&nbsp; would rather have 80% of something than 100% of nothing!!!</P>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>