Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] Peter is gone !!!

Mike Blackwood mikeb@cs.mun.ca
Mon, 2 Dec 2002 12:23:40 -0330 (NST)

On Mon, 2 Dec 2002 Oils21@aol.com wrote:

> I just read the website and it is so hard to believe! Peter has
> resigned from the band.  I really don't know what to say. I guess if
> anyone from the band is reading this, please tell Peter Thank You for
> all the music and the messages.  Midnight Oil have been a huge
> influence on me and have helped shape a good part of the person I am
> today.
>
> To the other band members that are going to continue making music
> in another form, I will support you as strongly as ever.

Phil just said what I wouldn't be able to find the words for in my state
of shock.  Thanks to all the Oils for all the myriad things they've done,
and for all the myriad things they've meant to all their fans over the
years.  You were the first band I passionately embraced as I discovered
grown-up music in my teens, and will always be my all-time favorite.

The Oils as we knew them are dead.  Long live the Oils in whatever form
comes next (and under whatever name!)!

hold together,
Mike "Elixir" Blackwood (in Newfoundland, Canada)