Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] NMOC would-be dictator Bush leaves another muddy bootprint on

Dale Ortiz Dancingtoad69@hotmail.com
Wed, 28 Aug 2002 00:20:51 -0400

------=_NextPart_001_0003_01C24E28.C41ABC20

----- Original Message -----
From: Brian Jacobs
Sent: Wednesday, August 28, 2002 12:09 AM
To: Dale Ortiz
Cc: powderworks@cs.colorado.edu
Subject: [Powderworks] NMOC would-be dictator Bush leaves another muddy b=
ootprint on t

Um....  MO is a political band.  That means most of the fans have an inte=
rest in political opinions.  This is a forum for the fans of Midnight Oil=
, and that means the discussions will not be limited to music.  It has be=
en that way since I joined 6 years ago.  If you don't like that and want =
to leave, well, that's your right.  See you later.

I stand by my comment that Bush is trying to become something of a dictat=
or.  No, he is no Pol Pot or Hitler or Stalin, but that doesn't make what=
 is doing okay.  The best way to build a dictatorship is to take rights a=
way from the people one by one, slowly enough that they don't really take=
 notice.  That is exactly what Bush has been doing.  I sincerely hope the=
 man loses the next election, because I don't want to ever find out what =
America would be like after eight years of Bush the Younger.

Brian
---
The "Bonsai Kitten" web site does a reflect a very dark, disturbing trend=
 in our society, and it has nothing to do with animal abuse. It has to do=
 with an ever-increasing sense of entitlement which proclaims that if you=
 don't like what someone else has to say, the best and most proper way of=
 handling your displeasure is to force the other person to shut up.

On Tue, 27 Aug 2002 23:48:12  =20
Dale Ortiz wrote:

> [...]
is used to be about Midnight Oil. Like I said earlier, it's all politics =
now. As far as Bush being a would- be dictator, that is the most ridiculo=
us statement i have ever heard. He is nowhere near like Adolf Hitler, or =
Ceaucescu (or however that was spelled), Lenin, Pol Pot, or any of those =
others. I said I was done with this board, once before, now I mean it. I =
am unsubscribing soon. It is going to get even worse here, as 9/11 approa=
ches. Goodbye everyone. I feel sorry for people who came here to discuss =
and read about Midnight Oil. Vaya Con Dios.

>                                                                        =
                    Dale

>Get more from the Web. FREE MSN Explorer download : http://explorer.msn.=
comGet more from the Web.  FREE MSN Explorer download : http://explorer.m=
sn.com

Communicate with others using Lycos Mail for FREE!
http://mail.lycos.com Get more from the Web.  FREE MSN Explorer download =
: http://explorer.msn.com

------=_NextPart_001_0003_01C24E28.C41ABC20

<HTML><BODY STYLE=3D"font:10pt verdana; border:none;"><DIV>&nbsp;</DIV> <=
DIV>&nbsp;</DIV> <BLOCKQUOTE style=3D"PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5=
px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: #000000 2px solid; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">=
 <DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt Arial">----- Original Message -----</DIV> <DIV =
style=3D"BACKGROUND: #e4e4e4; FONT: 10pt Arial; COLOR: black"><B>From:</B=
> Brian Jacobs</DIV> <DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt Arial"><B>Sent:</B> Wednesd=
ay, August 28, 2002 12:09 AM</DIV> <DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt Arial"><B>To:=
</B> Dale Ortiz</DIV> <DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt Arial"><B>Cc:</B> powderwo=
rks@cs.colorado.edu</DIV> <DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt Arial"><B>Subject:</B>=
 [Powderworks] NMOC would-be dictator Bush leaves another muddy bootprint=
 on t</DIV> <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>Um....&nbsp; MO is a political band.&nbsp; T=
hat means most of the fans have an interest in political opinions.&nbsp; =
This is a forum for the fans of Midnight Oil, and that means the discussi=
ons will not be limited to music.&nbsp; It has been that way since I join=
ed 6 years ago.&nbsp; If you don't like that and want to leave, well, tha=
t's your right.&nbsp; See you later.<BR><BR>I stand by my comment that Bu=
sh is trying to become something of a dictator.&nbsp; No, he is no Pol Po=
t or Hitler or Stalin, but that doesn't make what is doing okay.&nbsp; Th=
e best way to build a dictatorship is to take rights away from the people=
 one by one, slowly enough that they don't really take notice.&nbsp; That=
 is exactly what Bush has been doing.&nbsp; I sincerely hope the man lose=
s the next election, because I don't want to ever find out what America w=
ould be like after eight years of Bush the Younger.<BR><BR>Brian<BR>---<B=
R>The "Bonsai Kitten" web site does a reflect a very dark, disturbing tre=
nd in our society, and it has nothing to do with animal abuse. It has to =
do with an ever-increasing sense of entitlement which proclaims that if y=
ou don't like what someone else has to say, the best and most proper way =
of handling your displeasure is to force the other person to shut up.<BR>=
<BR><BR><BR><BR><BR>On Tue, 27 Aug 2002 23:48:12&nbsp; <BR>Dale Ortiz wro=
te:<BR>&gt;<BR>&gt;<BR>&gt;----- Original Message -----<BR>&gt;From: Dale=
 Ortiz<BR>&gt;Sent: Tuesday, August 27, 2002 11:46 PM<BR>&gt;To: jec_cole=
man@hotmail.com; Powdreworks@cs.colorado.edu<BR>&gt;Subject: RE: would-be=
 dictator Bush leaves another muddy bootprint on the constitution<BR>&gt;=
<BR>&gt;<BR>&gt;<BR>&gt;I can't believe the sad state this board has gone=
 to. It is pathetic. This used to be about Midnight Oil. Like I said earl=
ier, it's all politics now. As far as Bush being a would- be dictator, th=
at is the most ridiculous statement i have ever heard. He is nowhere near=
 like Adolf Hitler, or Ceaucescu (or however that was spelled), Lenin, Po=
l Pot, or any of those others. I said I was done with this board, once be=
fore, now I mean it. I am unsubscribing soon. It is going to get even wor=
se here, as 9/11 approaches. Goodbye everyone. I feel sorry for people wh=
o came here to discuss and read about Midnight Oil. Vaya Con Dios.<BR>&gt=
;<BR>&gt;<BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&n=
bsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nb=
sp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbs=
p;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp=
;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;=
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&=
nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&n=
bsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Dale<BR>&gt;<BR>&gt;=
<BR>&gt;<BR>&gt;Get more from the Web. FREE MSN Explorer download : http:=
//explorer.msn.comGet more from the Web.&nbsp; FREE MSN Explorer download=
 : http://explorer.msn.com<BR>&gt;<BR><BR><BR>___________________________=
________________________<BR>Communicate with others using Lycos Mail for =
FREE!<BR>http://mail.lycos.com <BR></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML><br clear=3D=
all><hr>Get more from the Web.  FREE MSN Explorer download : <a href=3D'h=

------=_NextPart_001_0003_01C24E28.C41ABC20--