Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] Aussie workers: the Bulldogs

Miron Mizrahi mironmizrahi@yahoo.com
Thu, 22 Aug 2002 09:05:34 -0700 (PDT)

I am not a rugby fan (actually quite the opposite) so I am not
familiar with all the details and background surrounding this case.
what I do know is that athletes (and by association sports
officials) are revered in Oz and often get away with stuff most of
us wouldn't. I agree that it is unfair for the fans, and maybe the
players, to be punished and be denied what they have worked for, for
an entire season. I reckon the entire mgmt. team should be fired,
they should all have a life ban from ever assuming a
managerial/official position with the league and the individuals
involved should be sued by the league for fraud.

=====
Miron

It's better to die on your feet than live on your knees.
(Midnight Oil)