Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] wonder what Peter thinks is "justice for the guilty"

Scott Williams jwilli16@san.rr.com
Tue, 13 Aug 2002 17:41:55 -0700

------=_NextPart_000_0070_01C242F0.B750B820

"Do you think anyone is interested in reading garbage like that? If you =
hate someone, mail him, not the list."  ---- Jussi

You just had the whole list read this.... why not email me, privately?  =
I really don't give a shit, right now.   I can post to just him or the =
whole list....that decision is mine and has been for over nine years on =
this list.   And maybe I did want some people on the list to read it.... =
so be it.  Are you the chosen moderator, now?   I post how I post.  Deal =
with it.  You and others can hit DELETE if you want.  Talk about =
Midnight Oil if you want.  That's all I want to hear.  But if you post =
Nazi and you-had-it-coming shit about Sept 11 that hits the hearts of a =
lot of us on the list, especially as the anniversary is quickly =
approaching, be prepared for some backlash.  What did you expect?  Those =
websites that Todd posted were not "good for sharing" as someone posted. =
 They were propaganda crap!  So deal with my 'fuck-you's for a little =
while longer because that's really all I have to say about it.  I'm not =
going to argue a point that I and many other Americans are struggling =
with, but I will tell you to fuck off if you say that we had it coming =
and that we deserved this.  My girlfriend's husband did not deserve =
this.  =20

"I hold compassion for the innocent and hope for justice for the =
guilty..."  ---- Peter Garrett at the Capricornia kickoff concert in =
Anaheim, California on October 8, 2001 in reference to September 11th=20

David Brass----   you have that on minidisc from the first Anaheim =
show...   Can you verify that quotation?  I want to remember that =
word-for-word....I don't have it quite right.   Thanks. =20

So I wonder what Peter considers justice for the guilty.  =
There.....brought it back on-topic.  All you who say "whahh... I didn't =
come here to Powderworks to talk about Osama and politics"... this is =
definitely related.  It's much more related than the =
what's-your-favorite-song stuff that I've tolerated for years.  US =
Forces.... Peter Garrett's views on war... Peter Garrett not having an =
answer.... something I'm not used to seeing.  This is an interesting =
topic.  And Geordie, Todd, Jussi, Jonathan, et al have a lot to learn =
from Peter Garrett and the rest of the Midnight Oil organization about =
something called compassion. =20

Scott Williams
www.scottdulcimer.com=20

------=_NextPart_000_0070_01C242F0.B750B820

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Dwindows-1252">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>
<DIV><BR>"Do you think anyone is interested in reading garbage like =
that? If you=20
hate someone, mail him, not the list."&nbsp; ---- Jussi</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>You just had the whole list read this.... why not =
email me,=20
privately?&nbsp; I really don't give a shit, right now.&nbsp;&nbsp; I =
can post=20
to just him or the whole list....that decision is mine and has been=20
for&nbsp;over nine&nbsp;years on this list.&nbsp;&nbsp; And maybe I did =
want=20
some people on the list to read it.... so be it.&nbsp; Are you the =
chosen=20
moderator, now?&nbsp;&nbsp; I post how I post.&nbsp; Deal with it.&nbsp; =
You and=20
others can hit DELETE if you want.&nbsp; Talk about Midnight Oil if you=20
want.&nbsp;&nbsp;That's all I want to hear.&nbsp; But if you post Nazi =
and=20
you-had-it-coming shit about Sept 11 that hits the hearts of a lot of us =
on the=20
list, especially as the anniversary is quickly approaching, be prepared =
for some=20
backlash.&nbsp; What did you expect?&nbsp; Those websites that Todd =
posted were=20
not "good for sharing" as someone posted.&nbsp; They were propaganda =
crap!&nbsp;=20
So deal with my 'fuck-you's for a little while longer because that's =
really all=20
I have to say about it.&nbsp; I'm not going to argue a point that I and =
many=20
other Americans are struggling with, but I will tell you to fuck off if =
you say=20
that we had it coming and that we deserved this.&nbsp; My girlfriend's =
husband=20
did not deserve this.&nbsp;&nbsp; </FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>"I hold compassion for the innocent and hope for justice for the=20
guilty..."&nbsp; ---- Peter Garrett at the Capricornia kickoff concert =
in=20
Anaheim, California on October 8, 2001 in reference to September 11th =
</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>David Brass----&nbsp;&nbsp; you have that on minidisc from the =
first=20
Anaheim show...&nbsp;&nbsp; Can you verify that quotation?&nbsp; I want =
to=20
remember that word-for-word....I don't have it quite right. &nbsp; =
Thanks.&nbsp;=20
</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>So I wonder what Peter considers justice for the guilty.&nbsp;=20
There.....brought it back on-topic.&nbsp; All you who say "whahh... I =
didn't=20
come here to Powderworks to talk about Osama and politics"... this is =
definitely=20
related.&nbsp; It's much more related than the what's-your-favorite-song =
stuff=20
that I've tolerated for years.&nbsp; US Forces.... Peter Garrett's views =
on=20
war... Peter Garrett not having an answer.... something I'm not used to=20
seeing.&nbsp; This is an interesting topic.&nbsp; And Geordie, Todd, =
Jussi,=20
Jonathan, et al have a lot to learn from Peter Garrett and the rest of =
the=20
Midnight Oil organization about something called compassion.&nbsp; =
</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Scott Williams</DIV>
<DIV><A href=3D"http://www.scottdulcimer.com">www.scottdulcimer.com</A> =
</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV></FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0070_01C242F0.B750B820--