Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] Re: digest/ian's comments

Craig Jacobson cjake@pipeline.com
Mon, 12 Aug 2002 12:39:41 -0400

fluw wrote:

>i hadn't seen midnight oil since 85 when i made the trek last year to catch
>some shows in the US south. at those shows i noticed activists offering
>information and opportunities to the folks gathering at the shows. this
>didn't strike me as odd. however i did notice that they were ignored by
>midnight oil fans! i thought what is up with that? midnight oil fans not
>caring about justice and issues of the demise of rights and the
>planet?!...now after being on this list i understand...

So, in your view, anyone who didn't stop by these tables cares not about
justice, etc.?  You have no idea whether these fans belong to
organizations, make contributions to charities, volunteer their time, or
any other aspect of their social involvement.  You just draw a blanket
statement that they're ignoramus Americans, who jumped on the Oils
bandwagon when Beds hit the airwaves, blindly follow whatever Bush says,
and don't care about social issues.