Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] Rare Live songs

Jeff and Jane Scott jscott@iinet.net.au
Fri, 02 Aug 2002 20:22:32 +0800

At 01-08-02 10:21 AM -0400, Dan Brunner wrote:
>Have the Oils ever played 'Heaven and Earth' (B-side), or 'Saftey Chain
>Blues' live?

"no" (as far as i'm aware) and "yes".

>   If so, anyone have it recorded?

probably!

Mark Nash added:

 >Kolelo Mai - don't think so

 >The Great Gibber Plain - definitely yes

 >Bells & Horns - i'd love to hear that, don't know if it ever
happened.  be pretty rare if it had i'd think!

 >Bakerman - no

 >In The Rain - yes

 >Barest Degree - pretty sure yes

 >Gravelrash - pretty sure yes

 From Nina:

 >actually, i have that christchurch show and i checked to find that in
fact 'B and B' is on there - >hmm...maybe i should listen to my boots more
often! (does anyone have the order of songs for that >show? - my mp3's are
alphabetical)

http://members.tripod.com/jtl71/jtl010.htm

Ian Lloyd wrote:

 >Maralinga is on 'Oils on the Water'

no, it's not.  after Harrisburg PG says "A song called Maralinga would have
been jut as appropriate..." which is proably what you're thinking of.  I do
believe Maralinga has been played live at some point though.

jeff...