Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] Review from Orlando

Randy Van Vliet bigdaddyrv@yahoo.com
Fri, 19 Apr 2002 18:45:06 -0700 (PDT)

> Midnight Oil's 1998 album, "Redneck Wonderland",
> introduced layers of overdriven industrial noise to
> the music. This effect was invigorating; it was as
> though the band's sound finally matched the passion
> behind their vitriol.

Finally a reviewer says something I agree with!  I
know that RW hasn't been universally accepted here,
but when I need a MO fix I almost always put RW on.
Something about the blend of pissedoffedness (not a
real word but it fits) and the hard edge to the music
makes this probably my favorite ablum.  I love all of
their music and Capricornia is no slouch, but RW is,
in my mind, incomparable. I really really wished that
they would have toured with that HITS.  I'm one of the
ones that believe that they would have the break
through that they deserve.  My 14 year old who is into
Blink 182 and the like (and dismisses MO mainly
because of my obsession) really likes RW and has
shared it with her friends.  Go RW!!!

Randy