Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] Plains Folk & Calgary Gig

fish_oil@space.com fish_oil@space.com
Wed, 17 Apr 2002 12:01:07 -0700 (PDT)

Clan Powder,

     Calgary tix are $34.50 Cdn - a deal compared to
what our kin in Van. are shelling out - but only
available via Stickit Mister (on campus) or at the door
- risky I thought, so I scored and paid my pound of
flesh. Seating capacity is about 1800, which is a bit
higher than I first posted, and it's definitely a
standing only rush afair, with bar at back. I'm
thinking the fine young folk at U of C are in for a
surprise on the 14th of May, eh?
     Yesterday was my last class. Arrived on campus at
4:15 to find semi conscious undergrads flaked out all
over the lawns. It was Bermuda shorts day, and the up
and coming builders of trains, planes and automobiles
(read 'engineering faculty') were really mucking it up.
I'm serious about the bodies strewn everywhere. And
garbage too. I hope they all made it home by this am
because there was a large and bloody dump of heavy wet
snow last night. Anyway, I listened to a couple of the
local bands as I meandered to class - sounded exaclty
like a herd of stampeding bufallo during the mating
season. I was inspired to come up with the following
modified truism:

There is no such thing as 'bad live music'.
There is, however, such a thing as 'not enough liquor'

     The Oils will be just the purge I need after
witnessing that debacle.

     Any other workers planning on making the show?
Maybe we could get acquainted before hand? Doors open
at 7 with an unknown opening act. Anybody got data on
who they are?

Best regards,

bruce

Join the Space Program: Get FREE E-mail at http://www.space.com.