Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] Oils guitar Questions...?

fish_oil@space.com fish_oil@space.com
Wed, 10 Apr 2002 20:33:25 -0700 (PDT)

Greetings again - 3 posts in 5 minutes...sorry!

A few guitar related queries if you've got the time:

1. That slide solo in Poets and Slaves. Is it done with
the piece shown on the cd clip? Has that been used on
any other tunes? And does Jim (assuming it's him) use
it live?

2. Poets and Slaves again - that beautiful tremolo
effect - anybody know who's using what? Sounds like a
bit of autowah type filter sweep along with a gorgeous
shimmering tremolo. The identical effect is used by the
Cranberries on "Gift of Purity" I think.

3. Any sign of "Oubreak of Love" being done live this
tour? Man, what I wouldn't give to hear the B3 solo...
(okay, that's not a guitar question)

4. What is Martin playing now, if not the hibernating
whitey?

Sorry, I'll post no more today.

Thanks and cheers,

bruce