Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] Introduction

nina ninajill73@hotmail.com
Wed, 03 Apr 2002 11:52:08 -0500

--MS_Mac_OE_3100679528_81531_MIME_Part

add me to that list - nina!

on 4/2/02 8:16 PM, KATHY GEDLER at avesrun@msn.com wrote:

Hello and welcome!  Now we have a Varina, Lina, Karena on the list.  I guess
I'll include my 7 yr. old daughter also (she loves the oils).  Her name is
Torina.  I'm digging your frenzmail address also as I love all things Finn.
Again,welcome and don't be discouraged by the volume of  messages; I'm
mostly a lurker and have to admit it forces me to scan the subject linesand
use delete (but I do end up reading 80% plus of the posts as most are
submitting cool and meaningful stuff.

Bye for now,

Tim in U.S.

Iowa's hugest Oil fan.----- Original Message -----

From: Karena Hoyer

Sent: Tuesday, April 02, 2002 9:03 AM

To: Oils List

Subject: [Powderworks] Introduction

Hi Powderworkers,

Thought I should introduce myself to everyone, I've been lurking in the
wings for nearly a month now.

Let me start by saying this is the busiest music list I'm on! Phew!

Hi! My name's Karena Hoyer, I herald from the beautiful NSW city of
Wollongong, I'm just a youngen of 23, but I'm sure there are many people
here younger than myself. Been a fan of the Oils all my life.

Met a few of you at one of the Metro shows last year - you were in your
Powderworks T-shirts, whilst we were waiting at the door.

Anyway, this is a great list from what I've seen so far - looking forward to
getting involved in the discussions at some stage!

I also run an Australasian music website - Between Two Shores -
http://b2s_oz_nz.tripod.com/ - I'm sure some of you may have already seen
it. There's lots of photos and stuff up there, including some recent Oils
footage from their recent appearance at Bird's Big Burn Out - it was a
benefit concert to raise money for Dave Twohill, Mental As Anything's
drummer whose house was reduced to ashes in the December/January NSW
Bushfires. If you were there, you would've seen me, I was selling the
T-shirts/raffle tickets and taking photos in between all of that as well. It
was an interesting show from the boys - no Peter, all instrumental apart
from Rob doing When The Generals Talk - which was a treat - the whole gig
was excellent! Great to hear all the songs like that. Don't know if it's
been mentioned here or not - joined a week or so after the show. Oh yeah,
the photos are at the link below.

http://members.tripod.com/b2s_oz_nz/id426.htm

Enough of my wind-bagging, love Capricornia and looking forward to some
return shows in Oz again!

See ya 'round

Karena

--MS_Mac_OE_3100679528_81531_MIME_Part

<HTML>
<HEAD>
<TITLE>Re: [Powderworks] Introduction</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
add me to that list - nina!<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
on 4/2/02 8:16 PM, KATHY GEDLER at avesrun@msn.com wrote:<BR>
<BR>
<BLOCKQUOTE>Hello and welcome! &nbsp;Now we have a Varina, Lina, Karena on =
the list. &nbsp;I guess I'll include my 7 yr. old daughter also (she loves t=
he oils). &nbsp;Her name is Torina. &nbsp;I'm digging your frenzmail address=
 also as I love all things Finn. &nbsp;Again,welcome and don't be discourage=
d by the volume of &nbsp;messages; I'm mostly a lurker and have to admit it =
forces me to scan the subject linesand use delete (but I do end up reading 8=
0% plus of the posts as most are submitting cool and meaningful stuff.<BR>
 <BR>
Bye for now,<BR>
 <BR>
Tim in U.S.<BR>
 <BR>
Iowa's hugest Oil fan.----- Original Message -----<BR>
 <BR>
<BLOCKQUOTE> <BR>
<B>From:</B> Karena Hoyer<BR>
 <BR>
<B>Sent:</B> Tuesday, April 02, 2002 9:03 AM<BR>
 <BR>
<B>To:</B> Oils List<BR>
 <BR>
<B>Subject:</B> [Powderworks] Introduction<BR>
 <BR>
 <BR>
 &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;<BR>
<FONT SIZE=3D"2"> <BR>
<FONT FACE=3D"Arial">Hi Powderworkers,<BR>
</FONT> <BR>
 <BR>
 <BR>
<FONT FACE=3D"Arial">Thought I should introduce myself to everyone, I've been=
 lurking in the wings for nearly a month now.<BR>
</FONT> <BR>
 <BR>
 <BR>
<FONT FACE=3D"Arial">Let me start by saying this is the busiest music list I'=
m on! Phew!<BR>
</FONT> <BR>
 <BR>
 <BR>
<FONT FACE=3D"Arial">Hi! My name's Karena Hoyer, I herald from the beautiful =
NSW city of Wollongong, I'm just a youngen of 23, but I'm sure there are man=
y people here younger than myself. Been a fan of the Oils all my life.<BR>
</FONT> <BR>
 <BR>
 <BR>
<FONT FACE=3D"Arial">Met a few of you at one of the Metro shows last year - y=
ou were in your Powderworks T-shirts, whilst we were waiting at the door.<BR=

</FONT> <BR>
 <BR>
 <BR>
<FONT FACE=3D"Arial">Anyway, this is a great list from what I've seen so far =
- looking forward to getting involved in the discussions at some stage!<BR>
</FONT> <BR>
 <BR>
 <BR>
<FONT FACE=3D"Arial">I also run an Australasian music website - Between Two S=
hores - http://b2s_oz_nz.tripod.com/ - I'm sure some of you may have already=
 seen it. There's lots of photos and stuff up there, including some recent O=
ils footage from their recent appearance at Bird's Big Burn Out - it was a b=
enefit concert to raise money for Dave Twohill, Mental As Anything's drummer=
 whose house was reduced to ashes in the December/January NSW Bushfires. If =
you were there, you would've seen me, I was selling the T-shirts/raffle tick=
ets and taking photos in between all of that as well. It was an interesting =
show from the boys - no Peter, all instrumental apart from Rob doing When Th=
e Generals Talk - which was a treat - the whole gig was excellent! Great to =
hear all the songs like that. Don't know if it's been mentioned here or not =
- joined a week or so after the show. Oh yeah, the photos are at the link be=
low.<BR>
</FONT> <BR>
 <BR>
 <BR>
<FONT FACE=3D"Arial">http://members.tripod.com/b2s_oz_nz/id426.htm<BR>
</FONT> <BR>
 <BR>
 <BR>
<FONT FACE=3D"Arial">Enough of my wind-bagging, love Capricornia and looking =
forward to some return shows in Oz again!<BR>
</FONT> <BR>
 <BR>
 <BR>
<FONT FACE=3D"Arial">See ya 'round<BR>
</FONT> <BR>
<FONT FACE=3D"Arial">Karena<BR>
</FONT></FONT></BLOCKQUOTE><BR>
</BLOCKQUOTE><BR>
</BODY>
</HTML>

--MS_Mac_OE_3100679528_81531_MIME_Part--