Midnight Oil

Fwd: RE: [Powderworks] B-Sides (And Bastards) and question!

Stephen Scott nornirn@lycos.co.uk
Tue, 2 Apr 2002 10:05:11 -0700 (MST)

--=_NextPart_Caramail_0175451017767104_ID

My ears are pricking up. Now maybe this was just an April fool, but I received the msgs
after 1230, so it doesn't count. What is this about the Oils playing Silent Night (not the
carol....please!) and Atomic Electric. As for the Oils covering a Gorki's Zygotic Mynci
song (Poodle rocking)...I am a wee bit sceptical. Does anyone have bootlegs of these
songs being played live????????
Also, does anyone have the full version of the Oils playing Locomotive breath. I have an
exerpt, but am not sure if they ever played the full version live.
Cheers
Stephen
"This is a mad house....you'll be lucky to make it till Tuesday"

> >From: "Tari, Vince"
> >To: "'Glitch'" , powderworks@cs.colorado.edu
> >Subject: RE: [Powderworks] B-Sides (And Bastards)
> >Date: Mon, 1 Apr 2002 20:02:36 -0600
> >

> > > I would say so...also Wharf Rat by the Dead.
> > > Elvis Costello's (What's So Funny 'Bout) Peace Love etc. is fairly
> > > high-profile IMO.
> > > Any others people can think of?
> >
> >Silent Night & Advance Australia Fair (instrumentals only) are fairly high
> >profile, so too is Know Your Product
> >
> >....Atomic Electric & The Good Son would be a couple of the lesser known
> >covers they've played live.
> >
> > > Is "The Real Thing" considered a high-profile cover down under?
> >
> >TRT is definitely a high profile song here in Oz.
> >
> > > (Was it Elvis Costello?????)
> >
> >Yep.
> >

> > > --Glitch
> > > "when will i be yours...when will i be mine?" --midnight oil
> > >
> > > ________________________

>From: "Dave Schultz" <dschultz29@hotmail.com>
>To: powderworks@cs.colorado.edu
>Subject: Re: [Powderworks] B-Sides (And Bastards)
>Date: Mon, 01 Apr 2002 21:12:22 -0500
>

>>Any others people can think of?
>>Is "The Real Thing" considered a high-profile cover down under?
>>(Was it Elvis Costello?????)
>
>Neil Young. I dunno if the song itself is high-profile. I'm not a huge
>Young
>fan, but I'd never heard of the song 'til the Oils did it. I'm also a
>Canuck, not an Aussie.
>
>Anyway, I once heard Midnight Oil do a rippin' cover of Poodle Rockin' by
>Gorky's Zygotic Mynci.
>
>Have a great April, Dave

Free Email - http://www.lycos.co.uk

--=_NextPart_Caramail_0175451017767104_ID--