Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] Ticketmaster story... (mostly NMOC)

Galina Yune lina_yune@msn.com
Wed, 26 Sep 2001 06:07:34 -0500

Ok,

This one tops them all:  yesterday I got to talk to one man from Russia in
Jewel (grocery store), and he didn't speak or read English at all (he came
here about 3 years ago!).  I do speak English, Russian, and few other
languages.  Well, he told me that the food here is really cheap, and he
loves the can tuna, and it's only $0.19 cents per can.  I then asked him to
show me which ones he buys.  He then took me straight to the pet area, and
walked straight to the can food for cats.  Apparently he was purchasing and
eating them for about 3 years now.  I then felt really sorry for him, and
explained what kind of "tuna" it was.  It was really hard keeping my face
straight.  As soon as I got into my car, I was laughing so hard, that I had
tears out of my eyes.

Lina Yune