Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] monday@the metro

lou loulou@zip.com.au
Tue, 25 Sep 2001 15:14:38 +1000

hey all!

WHY am I the first to post about last night's gig? it's almost 3pm for
goodness' sake...slack slack slack, that's all I can say :)

so, anyway, what do you expect, it was really good. I have a setlist but
someone took it backstage to try and get it signed for me...can anyone else
post the setlist?

they played the same new songs as last time - Golden Age, Lurjita, Tone
Poem, Overpass...ummm what other new ones? they've played around with the
chorus of Lurjita, a shame, I think the 3-part harmony on the 'guiding
light' bit was actually quite sublime...also changed Tone Poem, that
excellent riff is the same, but something sounds different...

everyone was in a good mood, the band, the audience, only one guy pulled
out - but then I've never seen a bad gig at the metro. there was room up
the front, only a bit of a crush at the end and that was pretty
mild...interesting to see if it stays the same.

the two supports were great - we've seen Palladium support before, and they
are very good, I think. the next band was Dan Brodie and the Broken Arrows,
who in my mind had been mixed up with the Pale Riders who supported a few
years back...so I was pleasantly surprised, cos I thought the Riders were a
bit of a dud. the Broken Arrows, we decided, were Post-Modern
Deconstructionist Punk Country, complete with Dennis Franz doing a great
impression of a fat-arsed lazy country drummer... ;) ...heh...they were
actually very good indeed...

rob had an exquisite pair of black and white check platform shoes at the
front of his drumkit...hmmm...oh and they did a few songs on the mini kit,
only 4 or 5 though, with a few electric before, and plenty after...2
encores...

have to mention the powderworker centre front who caught Rob's sticks. you
were the only powdie I didn't say hi to - 'fess up mystery man!

we had a regular little par-tay there last night - John M, Olivier,
Michael, Miss Fries, the two Powdies wearing shirts whose names I am most
remiss to not remember! (I'm bad, I know), Alistair up in the cage...along
with various other friends that you, dear reader, have never heard of, we
had a ball. always excellent to go with a group of rabid fans eh?

anyway enuff guff, see ya up the front tonight

loulou!

http://www.geocities.com/matt_finish_site/

http://www.geocities.com/loubottle/