Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] Re: (powd) Bin there, done that?

Henry Longmore Henry.Krit.Longmore@m.cc.utah.edu
Wed, 12 Sep 2001 11:54:31 -0600 (MDT)

Last night it was confirmed (depending on which TV station I was
watching) that at least 800 were killed in the Pentagon attack, add to
that the 266 people from the planes, the almost 300 fire and police
people, and you have well over 1,000.

How many died who were in or near the WTC buildings?  If the fire
inside was hot enough to cause steel to loose its strength (1500-1600
degrees F), will there be enough remains from people inside to
identify all of those who died?

As for Osama, he threatened weeks ago that the US needed to watch out, but
didn't give specifics.  Also, I was wondering (yesterday), "Why
today?" And my wife told me she heard on the news that one of Osama's
associates, who took part in the bombing of the WTC, was going to be
on trial today.

Henry K.

 }Nearly 300 firemen are still missing and almost 90 policemen, last I
 }heard.  Consider the 200 something people on the planes, and then of
 }course, everyone else.
 }Kel