Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] Montreal show

Brigitte Mounier bmounier@fabimages.com
Mon, 29 Oct 2001 09:08:46 -0500

And here's a few comments on the Montreal show....
Was great to meet the other workers and be able to put faces on names...The
Spectrum seemed full after all,  just comfortably so and I don't think I
need to worry about the Oils finding us cool. Every person in there meant
business, sang along, and the atmosphere was electric.

I was litterally against the stage. Peter was towering right in front of
me, or over me I should say and by the end of the show my neck felt broken
(and I'm tall!) They played...I don't know...about 1h30 I think it felt
like 20 min. They were gone I was like "Get back here! You've only just
started!"

What's that? A set list? Are you kidding? I was having a ball, not trying
to remember what song they played! But I think the set list was the same as
the Toronto show.

So on the left was Martin. I thought he was laid back, and in a way he is,
but make no mistake this guy has sharp eyes. He doesn't miss a thing. I got
some half-smiles to make me happy. Peter was very much himself. Rob was
intense but not as smiling as I expected. The man really gives all he's got
though, they must all be wiped by the time the tour is over.
Bones...now...Pete, Rob and Bones were soaked and I must have looked pretty
hot myself 'cause Bones actually brought me a  towel! (which was
immediately grabbed away by the hungry hands of two hysterical fans on my
left) (the same ones that were trading baby food recipes during the whole
opening act). He kind of gave me a "This was for you!" gesture.  I didn't
get to thank him. Bones, wherever you are, you're a sweetheart, thank you!
Finally, the farthest away from me was Jim, pretty much in his own world
but seems like a nice one.
I think the band had fun, I think the crowd had fun, I know I did.

Indi, I don't care if you have a gender identifying problem, I don't care
if you slept with Bones, sorry, I mean if you slept in Bones' bed :) I
don't have you email address, please email me off list.

Probably THE worst disappointment of 2001 for me was to not be able to meet
the band. OK. God's willing, they shall be back...and so shall I.

I tell y'all onne thing though: after an Oils experience, life feels
so...TAME!

Finally, on a NMOC note, I'd like to point how we Montrealers like to make
foreigners feel welcome, and we'll spare no trouble to show them our very
finest. Ask Jess and Indi, who had the privilege of ending up in the
seediest part of town, right along with the crack addicts and the
prostitutes... If THAT's not hospitality, what is? :)

Later folks
Brigitte