Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] Question to US concert goers

Bawolski@aol.com Bawolski@aol.com
Sun, 28 Oct 2001 19:21:17 EST

--part1_63.cdc2dd.290dfafd_boundary

In a message dated 10/28/2001 2:32:44 PM Pacific Standard Time,
tanya@gil.com.au writes:

> Just a quick question for those who have been going to the US shows...What
> have the numbers been at the various venues? in the hundreds, 20 or 50?
>
> Plus if any of you do get to speak to the guys how about suggesting a B
> side tour. In ten years of following them around the Oz shows its always
> the same ol songs. Yes they are the greatest but they have soooooo many
> other songs that never get played. Just a suggestion. Someone only needs to
> plant the seed.
>
> tanya
> Whatever you say
> It's the price of peace to remember that day
> This city of Blossom and Blood
> This city suffered more than it should

The crowds for the shows I attended were definitely in the hundreds.  One had
to be
sold out (in fact I think it was oversold - it was packed!) and the other was
close to
being full.  Both venues held around 800 to 1000 people, I believe.
>From what I saw of the setlists that were posted from Australian dates
earlier this
year, I think you guys will hear a few more "rare" songs than we will, which
makes
sense since they play a lot more often down there.  In trying to sort of
re-establish
themselves in the states I think the band probably feels the need to play
more of
a "greatest hits" type set here than it does there.  Of course the hard core
fans
like us want to hear stuff that's more rare or maybe our personal favorites
that don't
get played much (I'd love to hear Pictures).  But I don't have any complaints
about
what they did play when I saw them.
Mike

--part1_63.cdc2dd.290dfafd_boundary