Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] Montreal show news

Henry Longmore Henry.Krit.Longmore@m.cc.utah.edu
Sat, 27 Oct 2001 23:16:43 -0600 (MDT)

I was watching the David Letterman show the other night (Friday?)...it
was a rerun, from the week before August 10th.  One of the guests was
Aussie Nicole Kidman.  Before she came on, and after returning from a
commercial break, the band finished playing, and Mr. Letterman said,
"Midnight Oil, from Australia", or something to that effect.  I wished
that they had returned from the commercial break sooner!  But it
seemed that he was saying positive things.

Henry K.

 }> Does anyone outside of the Oils' intense fan-base
 }> appreciate their talent?
 }
 }Hell yeah !!! Over here in Oz, they're seen as the most credible and
 }enduring acts this country has ever seen. They're respected by their musical
 }peers (refer the soon to be released tribute album) for their contribution
 }to the live scene, as well as their recordings. And the fans are the most
 }loyal you'll find.
 }
 }The fact that they haven't been to the US/Canada for so long has meant that
 }a lot of people have forgotten them......you know, out of sight out of mind
 }etc.
 }
 }I think also that a lot of people /critics consider them to be 1980s has
 }beens, when cleary they are anything but, as we all know they can still cut
 }it live with the best of them.
 }
 }Vince