Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] Montreal show news

James Warren jimcwarren@earthlink.net
Fri, 26 Oct 2001 17:52:39 -0800

Brigitte Mounier wrote:

> I have mixed feelings about that. I was never one to want the Oils to
> become superstars. The Oils are like my well kept secret, loved by the
> initiated only. Personally I'd be quite happy with 50 people in the
> audience.
> However it must give them a bad feeling to know that in Montreal, tickets
> are not selling: people don't care to see them...They might be less
> motivated to play than for a room overloaded with screamin fans and they
> might not make plans to return...I'd hate for them to be
> disappointed...especially when for me it's THE treat of year. I want to
> make a sign that says: "Audience: it's not the quantity, it's the quality!"

Does anyone outside of the Oils' intense fan-base
appreciate their talent?  Why do they go unnoticed?
Did the LA Times even acknowledge their existence
any time in past five years?  Suprisingly, the OC
Register does; the writer must be a big fan.  Do
the NPR rock music stations in Southern California
give them any notice?  How can so much quality go
unnoticed?  I know that it's not that we are wierdos
for liking them!

-Jim