Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] Playing the 20K Watt DVD disc

Heather Myers SydneyGB@excite.com
Sun, 21 Oct 2001 15:28:39 -0700 (PDT)

>Another question.  Any US workers or otherwise been able to get the 20,000
watt DVD in a non-PAL version somehow? Margaret? Help!!!  It kills me to
read posts from those who have seen it.  Once again... just thought I'd
ask.<

I got an Apex AD-500W DVD player for under $100 at, of all places, Wal-Mart.
Under the setup menu there's an option to set the player for your TV.  I set
mine to 'Multi' and it plays the Oils disc fine.  (You can bet I did the
happy dance THAT day. :)  From what others on this list have said, some of
the compatibility issues concern the TV itself, as well as the DVD player.
I suppose I got lucky; mine works, though my tv is about five years old.  I
hope you can get things working.

Heather "Sydney" Myers
<yabwIj! yabwIj vISamlaHbe'!> "My brain! I can't find my brain!"
http://surf.to/sydneys
All Your Sig Are Belong To Us

Send a cool gift with your E-Card
http://www.bluemountain.com/giftcenter/