Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] Anaheim show, Vegas, and the beanie

Scott Williams jwilli16@san.rr.com
Fri, 12 Oct 2001 10:42:27 -0700

>Scott... great to meet you guys too.  I'm sure we'll cross paths at a
>future west coast show.  Let me know how Hollywood is.

it was incredible..... got there a little earlier and staked out my spot 3
feet from the barricade.  It seemed to be less crowded.... I actually had
dance space.  The LA crowd was different.... didn't seem like as many people
knew what all the hype was for us Powderworkers.  That's LA.... it looked
like just another night out for a lot of folks.

Amazing how much more intense it is just 10 feet closer to the stage.  I now
understand Indi's persistence to camp out in the front.

VEGAS----  I might be going....it'll be a last minute decision.... but any
Powderworkers going.... send out a little "what I'm wearing" email to all.
It was really fun to match people's faces that I've been conversing with for
years.  I recommend all Powderworkers going to shows to do that..... we have
a unique and special group, here.   Wearing that red t-shirt helps, too....
I witnessed many die-hard Oils fans who didn't even know we existed ask
about the group with plans to join.

>ps: Are there any musicians in the Bay Area who like playing Oils stuff?
>It would be cool to jam sometime...

I've been thinking the same thing for the San Diego area.... musicians email
me privately.   Don't know if anyone out there records onto a program called
Cubase... but that's what I use and we could record tracks individally and
compile down the road.   I think this was also done by Powderworkers years
ago.

About the black beanie for sale for freakin' 30 bucks.  Don't bother.  I
bought it, went outside, put it on, and realized it sucks.  They embroidered
the yellow hand incorrectly.  You can't give the beanie that little roll and
have the yellow hand facing out.  Am I making sense?   It's like they
embroidered it on the wrong side.... unless you want to wear the beanie like
a sock on your head and look like a gangsta.  I went immediately back in and
exchanged it for the black cap, which is made well and fits great.