Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] Oils in Anaheim

Bawolski@aol.com Bawolski@aol.com
Tue, 9 Oct 2001 20:58:28 EDT

--part1_55.1be29cd6.28f4f734_boundary

I was there last night, and yes it was a great show.  The new songs (they
played
four) are really strong.  Can't wait for the new CD.  I have a question for
some of
the other Powderworkers who were there.  Did you think that it was too
crowded?
Don't get me wrong, I was very glad to see such a big turnout for the Oils,
but
maybe it's because I'm getting on in years (48 soon),  I kind of like to hang
out towards the back of the hall and dig the music, have a little space, be
able to
go over to the bar and grab a beer, you know, let the younger folk do their
thing
up towards the front of the stage.  That's what I planned to do, but the
people kept
pouring in, my wife couldn't see, so we went up to the balcony, but you
couldn't
get close enough to the edge to see up there.  I ended up watching the band
on  closed circuit TV.  Smallest venue I've ever seen the Oils in and I had to
watch on TV as if I was at an outdoor stadium show, how bizarre.   Well I'm
going tomorrow night so maybe there will be a little more room (it's a bigger
hall).
At any rate, it was a great show.  These guys really enjoy playing, you could
see
it in their faces.  Judging by the crowd and by the new songs I really think
they're
ready to re-establish themselves here in the states.  Believe me, we need
them.

Mike

Bawolski@aol.com

--part1_55.1be29cd6.28f4f734_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=arial,helvetica><FONT  SIZE=2 FAMILY="SANSSERIF" FACE="Arial" LANG="0">I was there last night, and yes it was a great show. &nbsp;The new songs (they played
<BR>four) are really strong. &nbsp;Can't wait for the new CD. &nbsp;I have a question for some of
<BR>the other Powderworkers who were there. &nbsp;Did you think that it was too crowded?
<BR>Don't get me wrong, I was very glad to see such a big turnout for the Oils, but
<BR>maybe it's because I'm getting on in years (48 soon), &nbsp;I kind of like to hang
<BR>out towards the back of the hall and dig the music, have a little space, be able to
<BR>go over to the bar and grab a beer, you know, let the younger folk do their thing
<BR>up towards the front of the stage. &nbsp;That's what I planned to do, but the people kept
<BR>pouring in, my wife couldn't see, so we went up to the balcony, but you couldn't
<BR>get close enough to the edge to see up there. &nbsp;I ended up watching the band on &nbsp;closed circuit TV. &nbsp;Smallest venue I've ever seen the Oils in and I had to
<BR>watch on TV as if I was at an outdoor stadium show, how bizarre. &nbsp;&nbsp;Well I'm
<BR>going tomorrow night so maybe there will be a little more room (it's a bigger hall).
<BR>At any rate, it was a great show. &nbsp;These guys really enjoy playing, you could see
<BR>it in their faces. &nbsp;Judging by the crowd and by the new songs I really think they're
<BR>ready to re-establish themselves here in the states. &nbsp;Believe me, we need them.
<BR>
<BR>Mike
<BR>
<BR></FONT><FONT  COLOR="#0000ff" SIZE=4 FAMILY="SCRIPT" FACE="Lucida Handwriting" LANG="0"><B>Bawolski@aol.com</B></FONT></HTML>