Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] Re:Anaheim show - Scott!

Ray Maras preciousdesign@hotmail.com
Tue, 09 Oct 2001 13:29:55

Good one, Scott!

How were they received?

Full house?

What else did they have to say about the current world situation?

Were they selling merch?

Did Pete end up wearing a black t-shirt with a small, rectangular aboriginal
design on the chest (looks like upright matches , in a matchbox, viewed from
above...)?? (I think he wore this five out of the six warm-up nights...I
wasn't at the last performance)

Did they do many songs from the new album?

Were the Australian contingent drunken yobbos? (or just old??) (Go for the
VB... it's a good drop... but Cooper's Ale is much, MUCH better!)

Did Bones get to sing?

Who supported?

Who taped the show??

Does the light go off when you shut the door?

cheers,
Ray (the other one...)

---------------------------
    California workers, please send updates!

    wow....just got home from Anaheim.... what a show.  It was so great
to see them in a small place like House of Blues, too.I was very curious
what Peter would say about September 11th, and he was so well spoken about
it, as usual.... something like 'he hopes for minimal losses of the
innocent, but for maximum losses of the guilty.'
    ....got to meet a few Powderworkers, too, which was cool.....Ray....
Indi... Doug.  My old black HEAD INJURIES t-shirt attracted some old school
Australian fans to comment about it and that was very cool to meet them....
they used to see the Oils in Sydney pubs back in the late 70s.   I love
hearing stories about those days.  We're all going to get together in some
Aussie pub in Riverside, California, where they serve 'Four and Twenty' meat
pies (or something very close) and Victoria Bitter ale.

    set list... I'm way too tired to compile one right now....but the encore
was one of my favorite parts.... Hercules, Read About It, Power and the
Passion.   During the middle of the show, they set up a bassless drum kit up
front that Rob played while standing and all 5 guys stood in a row and
played about a dozen songs like that.  What a sight.
    .....just a great show...... can't wait to see them in Hollywood on
Wednesday.