Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] Wyong?

Megan Fitzgerald mfitzgerald@michelswarren.com.au
Tue, 2 Oct 2001 13:34:49 +1000

Lou beat me to it but...

Wyong is an indigenous word said to mean either an edible yam or 'a place of
running water...not a lot of water in Wyong so I'm going with the yam

I headed out to Wyong with Alistair (on the list) and our old physics
teacher, Knoxy, who is a fan from way back.  Wyong is not a classy place
(its actually quite scary) but I thought the show was great. There would
have been no more than 800 there.  They played some goodies including
General and Hercules.  Read about it and short memory were awesome!
I loved Too Much Sunshine, its a great song.

I agree that the start was a little slow, a little awkward to get into.

Some yob lobbed a can onto the stage which didn't go down to well with the
band (for obvious reasons).  I almost lost my spot while struggling with the
drunks but after pushing back a little they left me alone.  I've also lost
most of my hearing from one ear after being in close proximity to screaming
40 year old women.
Managed to get a stick and a set list.  I think most of the workers managed
to grab a drum stick...

Great to meet you Lou and Adam.  Apologies for all the other names I forgot.

I tried to attach a scanned set list but its just too big.

Megan